Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre-owned certified vehicle problem?

I bought a Pre-owned Manufacture certified car, the day after I found some cosmetic dents on body, a crack on windshield and a crack on tail light, when I went back to the dealer, they accept to refill the windshield crack(instead of replacing) , change the light and repair the dents (painting that parts),

I didn't accept because the vehicle they sold me did not meet Manufacture certified policy and after painting some parts it will loose the value that I already paid, how can I deal with them? do you think I need to see a lawyer? (Thanks for your time, reading and answering my question)Pre-owned certified vehicle problem?
You're not likely to have any kind of success whatsoever. And unless you bought a Certified Pre-Owned Maybach, no attorney worth hiring is going to help your for less than the cost of repairs you're out, presuming they exceed small claims limitations in the relevant jurisdiction to begin with.



Repeat after me... unless there's been some kind of fraud or lapse in legally-required safety item, ALL CAR PURCHASES ARE FINAL.



%26quot;Certified%26quot; pre-owned programs cover what the manufacturer will repair under warranty, not any purely cosmetic about the vehicle or, in the mother of all grasp at straws, potential future resale values which you have absolutely no way to quantifiably prove.



Once the dealer has corrected any legally-required safety deficiencies, anything further they may do is going to be based solely upon whatever customer service principles they happen to have. It won't be based upon anything they're %26quot;obligated%26quot;, or that you can compel them, to do.



Any success you're likely to have motivating them to perform further repairs will come from appealing to any sense of integrity they might have or any practical benefit you can demonstrate they would gain from doing so.



The time to find cosmetic defects was before accepting final delivery... hence the term %26quot;final%26quot;.



Best of luck. I hope this helps.