Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to fix windshield washer pump on a chevy silverado?

I have an 06' silverado and I think my windshield washer pump is broke. I have already checked my fuses and you can hear the re-lay fuse working but the pump won't turn on. How much work is involved in changing out the pump? Figured I would start with the pump first.How to fix windshield washer pump on a chevy silverado?
You might also have a plugged line. The pump is located in the front of the drivers side wheel well. just turn the wheel all the way to the right and remove the front part or all of the inner fender liner. You will see the bottle there and in towards the front of the truck is the pump mounted in the bottle side. You might have to remove the battery and the battery tray to remove a couple of bolts. Easy job just watch out for the clips that hold the fender liner because they can break easy if you remove them wrong. Good luck