Saturday, November 20, 2010

How does it work if I buy an European car from the US and import it to Europe?

I know that when someone who lives in Europe buys a car from America, the car is not approved buy the European Union according to legislations of 6/1995 and 6/1999 and thus the buyer has to pay ridiculous taxes for the car and custom-change: the windshield, all lights and much more. UNLESS the car is taken into use before June 1995. This applies for all AMERICAN cars.

But how does it work if I would buy a car that is normally manufactured in Europe, i.e. a Lamborghini from 2008, and I would buy it from the US, do all the same principles apply for this scenario?

Hope you understand what I'm searching after here.



Simplified:

European buys American car from America -%26gt; HUGE taxes and expensive customizing

But if:

European buys European car from America, how does it work?How does it work if I buy an European car from the US and import it to Europe?
If its the exact same car and model as the one in Europe, I don't think you need to modify it.I also think that you have to wait a period of time after buying it befre you can ship it, you should ask.