Saturday, November 20, 2010

Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?

How do you women feel about a 24 year old college graduate living at home? No girlfriends or guy friends his age to hang out with. He likes to cut out coupons with his mom on weekends and watches sports all day. Mom does ALL his cooking, cleaning, etc., he even does not know how to change windshield wipers. Has a part time job too.. So, what do all you women think is the problem here??Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
sounds like he needs an adult male role model to show him the example.

oh - is that you? show him the example - help him out.Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
My child isn't 24 yet, but I would hope that by 24 he will be a college graduate, have a promising career, and living on his own. Maybe try a time line for him, not all at once, but set a time for him to find work, have him give a schedule of all the places he applied to or interviewed at. Once he's found work, set a time line for him to find a place of his own. See what his goals are in life besides watching sports and hanging with mom. Make him responsible for some of bills in order to have the privilege to watch sports all day. He'll need a job to pay bills!!!



He's already been taking care of, it's his turn to care for himself. I could see if he were out looking for work and putting that college education to use, but his not. No one should be cleaning after him, he can cook his own food, he can clean up behind himself. That's not up to his mother anymore, he needs to care for himself.



As a mother of a son myself, I understand how difficult an ultimatum can be, but eventually children need to come into their own and become responsible adults.



Good Luck!!!Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
It sounds like his mom (or parents) have always taken care of him so he sees no reason to change things. Why does he have a part time instead of a full time job? If the economy is to blame then I would allow him to still live there but I would start charging him a reasonable amount of rent and ask him to chip in for the groceries and utilities. He should clean his own room and bathroom. And he should be looking for full time work with the plan being to get his own place as soon as he can afford it. He is an adult now and needs to stop acting like a child.Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
well I am guessing you paid for his college education, and that he's not worrying about paying back his student loans etc? he has a part-time job, that's a start, if he can't find full time work, then tell him to go get two part-time jobs, charge him room and board and stop making his life so cozy. I suspect that he won't take a job that's not in his field? too bad, that's the way it is in this economy go out and get something else , the lack or friends to me is not the issue, he can still try to strike out on his own. Why is he living with you? did he live with you while he was at school?Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
First, he needs to be told by parents it's time to get full time job too start his career. 6 months after his new job he will have a lease on an apartment or rent house. They will help him move. But move he will do. Unless he is enrolled for his Masters. I doubt that. Sounds like he is acting like a coward. Not is one buy acting like one. If he needs encouragement give it to him and let him know that he is only hurting himself by not growing up.



Or the worst case he might be depressed and be too proud to tell someone. So Mom and Dad must step in and get him help.Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
You two raised the boy. Why are you surprised on how he turned out? Give him

a time frame on when he has to move out and stick to it. Your wife isn't helping him

to become self-reliant by doing everything for him. If he can't find a full time job then

start charging him rent and let him know what his share of the utilities will be. Encourage him to find a full time job. Since he has graduated from college he should

have enough marketable skills to find a full paying job.Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
yes there is a problem tell him to GET A LIFE





P.S Go fly a kite



P.S.S. get a friend



P.S.S.S If He was Normal he would have wanted to be on his own



P.S.S.S.S BIG PROBLEM





Did you know this all thirteen and twelve year old S





That means you got problemsAdult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
I have been working from home for 4 1/2 years.



It is great to be able to set my own hours and work days, but is still work. If you are serious, send me an email:



wahopportunities1@gmail.com



I can help you get started and give you any advice I can through email (obviously for free)Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
As long a %26quot;Mommy%26quot; cooks, cleans, etc., and permits him to live in her home without contributing there wil be no change. He is just too comfortable, time to cut the apron strings and send him on his way.Adult son living at home. I want him out, or is this a good thing?
yes there is a problem kick his butt out