Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why do people judge and expect explanations about things they are unfamiliar with?

I am child-free so I am used to being judged my new people that I meet and those that I work with. I often get asked if I have children, then I get told “that will change when you get to my age”. The funny thing is most people who say this are younger than I am.



I am very tall, and my head barely clears the top of most cars. When driving, I can not pull forward to the white line if I am in the first car stopped at a red light. If I do then I can not see the light change without ducking my head to see though the very top of the windshield. I think it pretty smart for a tall person to do so. I have been doing this for so long that I forgot the specific reason for it.



One of my co-workers must have been waiting at the red light on the other lane. He was talking to people about how I am rude at the light. Several people told me that “Mr Congeniality” was talking about my driving habit. I had to think about my reasoning, and explain why I do not pull up to the light. Now why should I have to explain myself to a short person who can never understand anyway?



The other day I drove myself and my cube-mate to lunch. Some new person who I really do not know went with us. She made a comment behind my back about how I was supposedly crazy because I have a pocket watch hanging inside my Jeep above the top of the windshield. Why could she not just ask me, or better yet not worry about the interior décor of my jeep? It happens to be there because I have to bend over and use my hand as a shade to see the clock on my CD player (no easy feat in heavy traffic). I can read the watch without even moving my head.Why do people judge and expect explanations about things they are unfamiliar with?
Dude, these people work in an office and spread their legs and crapped out crochfruit - THEY DON'T HAVE A FUTURE LIKE YOU DO! So, they want to make you feel %26quot;odd%26quot; %26quot;uncomfortable%26quot; %26quot;weird%26quot;.



It's effin High School all over again - the B.S. never ends.



If they ask you to explain.... X, Y or Z return their %26quot;what's wrong with you look%26quot; and ask them to explain why they pay $6.00 for Starbucks coffee when they can get it for free in the lunch room%26quot; or %26quot;why they have that stupid 'my kid is an honor student' bumper sticker on their car%26quot; or %26quot;why they think they are good parents by rewarding their children with a bag full of diabetes when they buy them M%26amp; M's%26quot; - Something to that effect.



That's what I do. I find it VERY effective!!!!!!!! As soon as you hit them back with that one time - they don't bother you again. I'll give you an example from my life:



I lost my hair from Cancer, and was wearing a wig. Very self concious about it. Some dense girl, whose mother never taught her any manners asks me %26quot;Is that you're real hair or a wig?%26quot; and I gave her a look and said %26quot;Are those you real breasts or implants?%26quot;



Enough said!Why do people judge and expect explanations about things they are unfamiliar with?
You have the extreme misfortune to have several dim-witted, shallow and uncultured people as coworkers.



You seem like a thoughtful fellow that has reasons for doing what you do.

Ignore those idiots.

Think about how tiny their lives have to be that they spend so much time in wasted gossip.



Pity them if you must, but I recommend ignoring them altogether.