Thursday, June 2, 2011

2000 Ford Focus defroster wont switch from vents?

My nob that controls weather my heat is directed to the windshield or out to the forward vents won't change from the forward vents. I can still turn the nob, but it will not switch to the feet or defroster modes. At first it seemed to get tougher to turn it, and at that time It still worked. Then today it became easy to turn the nob, but the modes would not change. What can I do to fix this problem? Winter is here now in colorado and I need it to at least be on defroster mode. If I need to remove the console, how can I do that without breaking anything? Money is too tight to take it to a shop. I need, if only temporary, a fix to get it into the defroster.



Thanks!2000 Ford Focus defroster wont switch from vents?
Try pulling the nob out and switch it with one of the other HVAC dials. If it works, you know that the knob is striped or something and you can just replace the knob.