Thursday, June 2, 2011

How long will it take to adjust to my new glasses?

I just got new glasses yesterday for distance.



I suppose I had a decent change - I went from

OD 0.5, OS .75

to

OD 1.75, OS 2.00.



But I can't stand how funny my glasses make me feel!!!



When I first put them on, I feel dizzy for a little while. After the dizziness goes away, however, I have trouble focusing on nearby objects, which never happened before. For example, when driving home from work last night, looking through the windshield was fine, but looking at my speedometer was a pain - it took me a second or two to adjust just so I could read it!!!



Is this normal? How long does it usually take people to adjust? And, will I always have trouble focusing on nearby things now that I have a stronger prescription? Or will this go away, too???



Thank you all for your help!!!How long will it take to adjust to my new glasses?
It usually takes a few days,you might get a slight headache because your eyes are trying to get used to the lenses,so hang in there,it will pass!