Thursday, June 2, 2011

2007 Ford F-150 4X4..how do you change the driver side map light/bulb on this truck?

the map light being the interior light right in the middle and on the very front of the truck's roof...really really close to windshield...you click it on and off and its connected to where you put your sunglasses in. anyway...the bulb burned out and i need to replace it...i dont have time to wait 2-3 hrs for the dealership to fix it...besides that...they are A.s.s.h.o.l.e.s!...they wanted to charge me $45.00 and wanted me to wait over 4hrs to replace a $4.00 cigarette lighter fuse that took me not two minutes to replace once i found out how to do it..) anywhoo.. thats neither here nor there...

any help will be much appreciated! thanks!!2007 Ford F-150 4X4..how do you change the driver side map light/bulb on this truck?
I have an '06 Mustang, and my maplight comes out by pulling really hard. I know, it sounds wrong, but just grab on to that sucker and pull harder than you think you should. Hope it's the same on your truck! I don't have the sunglass holder though, so it could be a different way. I would suggest, if pulling doesn't work, to slip a slotted screwdriver between the plastic and the roof and use it like a lever to pop it off, it should be held in with compression clips.2007 Ford F-150 4X4..how do you change the driver side map light/bulb on this truck?
wow, hell of a question