Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I stand up to my mom for myself and my family?

I am 35 years old and my mother believes she can still tell me what to do. For example she used to date our insurance agent and now no longer does. She claims he beat her and is manipulative and wants us to change insurance agents. Well he came to see my daughter's last concert, gave her flowers, and got every one ice cream after wards. When my mom and her new boyfriend came over for the other daughter's concert she asked who the flowers were from so we told her, that got her all upset. To the point of calling me at work and said she does not want grand kidskids around her old boyfriend, we should chance insurance agents, and I broke her heart that we still talk to her old boyfriend. I told her he is a good agent helped us through a tornado and broken windshield and she still said well at least change agentsyouryoor brother found out after what he (the old boyfriend) did to my broth , my brother would be angry with me also. Another example is I can never be sick, if I do not feel good she thinks it is all a lie and should be at work. My husband has had enough, keeps on saying he will step in but never does to help me. I am to the point of %26quot;no return%26quot;. Any one have any suggestions after reading that long rambling on and on? Many thanks :)How do I stand up to my mom for myself and my family?
your mom sounds clingy. ive always told myself that i can never be friends with my mom.shes trys to control everything and always judges me. when im old enough to move out, im only goin to tlk to my mom every other day and visit her once a weekHow do I stand up to my mom for myself and my family?
You are 35. Time to tell mom that her input is no longer welcomed.

When she starts in tell her that it is your life and you will do what you

want with your life. If mom calls at work tell her you can't talk now but

will discuss this later when you get home. You really need to have a

sit down with dear old mom and explain that you are old enough to

decide things for yourself.